Research shows that children who are supported at home achieve well.
Talking to your child, reading to them and then with them and showing an interest in their home learning activities will all contribute to children feeling valued.
We are happy to help parents who wish to learn more about how to help at home. During the year we run workshops about Phonics (letters and sounds for reading and writing), Reading and Maths.
If you have any questions please ask your child’s teacher or contact the school office for advice.
We have also produced some leaflets to help. Please see the following links:
- Guide to Learning and Progress EYFS
- Reading in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Key Stage 1 Reading Booklet
- Glossary of reading terms you might hear as a parent
- Phonics teaching at Woodgrange
- Guide to Learning Maths in EYFS
- Helping your child learn Maths at home
- Moving from Early Years Foundation Stage to KS1