Our commitment to Partnership
We believe that the role of parents is crucial to children’s achievement and wellbeing at school. We believe that the partnership between home and school must be close and positive in order to support children in achieving their best.
In our relationships with parents we endeavour always to:
- Be welcoming
- Be accessible within given time constraints
- Be polite
- Keep parents informed so there are no surprises
- Explain decisions
- Use clear language
- Reassure them- give reasons why
- Listen to their viewpoint
- Share as much information as we can
- Maintain confidentiality- and if we cannot share information we will explain why
See our full parent partnership 2019
Each week children are given home learning activities to complete with their families. This sits alongside daily reading- 5-10 minutes a day that can make all the difference.
See our Home Learning Statement