Research shows that children who are supported at home achieve well.
Talking to your child, reading to them and then with them and showing an interest in their home learning activities will all contribute to children feeling valued.
We are happy to help parents who wish to learn more about how to help at home. During the year we run workshops about Phonics (letters and sounds for reading and writing), Reading and Maths.
Dana Dajani and Shama Saeed are happy to offer any advice you may need. They can both be contacted via the school office and can be found in the playground most mornings.
If you have any questions please ask your child’s teacher or contact the school office for advice.
We have also produced some leaflets to help. Please see the following links:
- Home Learning Statement
- Guide to Learning and Progress EYFS
- Reading in the Early Years Foundation Stage
- Glossary of reading terms you might hear as a parent
- Guide to Learning Maths in EYFS
- Helping your child learn Maths at home
- reading and writing in reception
- Helping your child with their maths learning in Key Stage 1
- Maths games to build fluency KS1
- Maths workshop EYFS